1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Canada’s Biggest Break-up Contest (“Contest”) begins on March 1, 2018 12:01 AM ET and ends on March 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM ET (“Contest Period").
The sponsor of this contest is the Canadian Cancer Society ("Sponsor"). By participating in the contest, each entrant (an “Entrant” or “you”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries (the “Entries”) and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Contest Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada, who are between the ages of 20-24 years old at the time of entry;
To enter the Contest, you must have a valid Social Network Service Account on one of the Contest platforms. The Contest is administered using: Facebook, found at www.facebook.com, Twitter, found at www.twitter.com and Instagram found at www.Instagram.com (together and collectively, the “SNS”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the SNS. By entering the Contest, all Participants agree to release the SNS completely from all liability or responsibility arising from the Contest. If you don’t already have an SNS account, it is free to create an account.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, you can enter the Contest by uploading to SNS one (1) photo or video (“Submission” or “Entry”) of you breaking up with smoking or helping a friend break-up with smoking. Entrants are encouraged to be creative. Each submission must tag @BreakItOffCA or @JetelaisseCA and include the hashtags #QuitSmoking or #cesserdefumer to indicate that you have read and agree to the Contest’s Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that entry via SNS will result in the submission of your photo/video. By submitting your photo/video with the hashtags #QuitSmoking or #cesserdefumer, you agree that your photo or video conforms to the Photo and Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your photo or video fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Content Guidelines and Restrictions: The photo or video Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement. We will accept photos/video taken by you or photos/videos of you. If your Submission contains any person other than yourself, you MUST have their consent to use the photo or video that you submit. The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks, except for Sponsor's trademark for which you have a limited license to use for the sole purposes of creating and uploading a Submission into this Contest. The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by you or properly licensed by you. The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Sponsor may remove any Entry and or disqualify any Entrant for any of the foregoing reasons, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
The Contest is subject to the general terms and conditions found at: http://breakitoff.ca/legal/. The Sponsor will deal with comments to its social media account in a manner consistent with Health Canada’s Social Media Terms and Conditions.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On March 28th, 2018 at 1:00 PM ET (the “Draw Date”), a random draw for Prize will take place in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor’s designated representative will make one (1) attempt to contact the potential Prize winner by the email address and direct message attached to the SNS account within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. If a potential Prize winner has not been contacted and/or made contact with the Sponsor’s designated representative within 48 hours of the first attempted contact, or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate potential Prize winner from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner).
5. PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION: All Entries and Entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
Before being declared a confirmed Prize winner, the potential Prize winner will be required to:
If a selected Entrant:
then such potential Prize winner will be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate potential Prize winner from among the remaining applicable eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this Section 5 shall apply to such new potential Prize winner).
6. USE OF POSTINGS: By using the Contest hashtag, you indicate your consent for Break It Off / Je te laisse to use your posted text, photo, video, boomerang or all in marketing, advertising and social media posts.
7. PRIZES: There is one (1) prize available to be won in relation to the Entries (the “Prize”). The Prize consists of $2,000 CAD (payable in the form of a cheque). The Prize must be accepted as awarded.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sponsor, subject only to the approval of the Régie, reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant or Entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Break It Off campaign is a smoking-cessation-related, non-commercial website developed and maintained collaboratively by Health Canada and the Canadian Cancer Society. The Releasees (Canadian Cancer Society/Health Canada) will not be liable for any failure of SNS during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry or other Contest-related information to be received or transmitted (including the administration of the Contest, or the announcement of the Prize) for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void); or any combination of the above. Further, the Releasees will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
All email addresses must correspond with a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. Automated and/or repetitive submission of Entries (including, but not limited to, registrations made using any script, macro, bot or contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Official Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest or only the first Entry may be deemed valid, subject to its compliance with these Official Rules (as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion).
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be distributed or awarded according to these Official Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Contest immediately (subject only to the approval of the Régie), the Sponsor reserves the right to rescind invalid Prize claims, conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible claimants in order to award the correct number of Prizes (as applicable). In no event will the Sponsor be liable to award more than the number of Prizes as stated in these Official Rules (at any prizing level).
By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activities, and, if confirmed as a Prize winner, the use or misuse of the applicable Prize, including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
10. DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and the French version of these Rules, these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control.